Warmaster > [WM] Warmaster Fantasy Experimental Rules Feedback

Archers not very good at shooting..

(1/2) > >>

flankyou:
Does it bother anyone that Archer units are actually better in melee than at shooting? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I'm not trying to radically change the game, but shouldn't archers be 2/1 or 2/2 instead of 1/3 attacks?  (edit: sorry I meant 1/2, 2/2 instead of 3/1 respectively).

Stormwind:
Even in the original rulebook, it says that shooting is not meant to be a way to destroy units, but a threat to disrupt / confuse enemy units.

If you shoot into a brigade, even if you only score one hit, that has the chance to confuse the enemy.  Then as they are driven back, they might cause further confusion as other units make way.

The only armies that don't suffer for shooting are Tomb Kings and most of Vampire Counts who don't suffer from confusion rules.

flankyou:
Yes I understand, but even so, the stats question remains...

Aldhick:
Well since the missile units have been ment to work like less armoured infantry with the role of distrupting the enemy lines, rather than eating whole stands - I think it works well as it is.

greenskinchief:
i prefer WMA archers which only 2 in melee but it is fantasy so why not 3 in melee the lower armour makes them much less effective than an equivalent cost non-missile unit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version