October 18, 2018, 05:49:53 AM

Author Topic: The INVICTA FIDEM - Dreadnought Rules help.  (Read 966 times)

Offline Lord Borak

• Loc: United Kingdom
The INVICTA FIDEM - Dreadnought Rules help.
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:31:16 PM »
Evening chaps. I was just wondering if you could cast your experienced eyes over the rules I came up with for my Dreadnought - THE INVICTA FIDEM. I've used the Smotherman formula for the points but do say if you think it's under costed or over costed. 750pts for the Invicta worked out about right (it was less but I added the targettng matrix.).

This is obviously designed for friendly play (and BIG games).

Dreadnoughts may be included in any fleet lists as reserves counting as Battleships for reserve purposes. (meaning you'd need 3 battleships to field a Dreadnought!)

Dreadnought special rules:
Dreadnoughts follow all the rules for movement as Battleships with the following exceptions.

Due to the Dreadnoughts vast bulk they are very hard to slow down and stop.
- Dreadnoughts are not slowed down by being in contact with blast markers.
- Dreadnoughts are not allowed to use the Burn Retro's special rules.

Plasma Lance:
Due to the huge amounts of energy required to fire the Plasma Lance all weapons on the Invicta Fidem  are at half range in the turn the Plasma Lance fires. Shots from the Plasma Lance always hit on a 4+ and receive a +1 modifier on rolls to cause Critical hits

Targeting Matrix.
The Invicta Fidem comes equipped with a Targeting Matrix.

Offline BaronIveagh

• Dark Reign
Re: The INVICTA FIDEM - Dreadnought Rules help.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 02:57:14 PM »
Wow what a Necro I know, but since no one ever replied to his question: I'd allow burn retros to keep it from going off the table.  Beyond that, looks ok.
non nobis domine non nobis sed nomine tua da na glorium