February 21, 2019, 04:50:10 PM

Author Topic: [BFG] - Designing new ship types - 3d printing madness  (Read 82240 times)

Offline osjclatchford

• Loc: chigwell, essex, uk
Re: [BFG] - Designing new ship types - 3d printing madness
« Reply #495 on: February 05, 2019, 05:27:39 AM »
Wow it looks even better than I thought it would!
2017 Droppod Studios -  A subsidiary of the OSJC

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
« Reply #496 on: February 10, 2019, 01:03:42 PM »
Feedback needed!

Hi people I'm looking for some feedback, I have in now masters of the little civilian ships which are currently cast on to sprues as seen in the first picture of the original prints, obviously they do not come with stands as I was anticipating that people would want to drill them and mount them on wire.

It occurs to me now that customers may prefer cast on stands to save a lot of labour and so I'm looking at detaching them from the sprues and casting on the flight stand show in the second picture. This stand will fit standard epic bases with the 6mm recess.

The other option is to provide these bases loose and you drill and pin them to the models yourself, what would be the preferred option please. Models are around 20mm long.

Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #497 on: February 10, 2019, 07:30:38 PM »
First of all, those models are really, really great.

I have always loved to add civilian stuff in all my wargames, to help for scenarios, just athmosphere, etc.

As for pinning, i think that every models has a gravity point where the most owners will drill a hole to add anything they want to base the stuff. So you could very well add a hole and it would help 99% of the people who bought them.

As for the exceptions, people wanting a special pinning, a hole in the lower side should absolutely not be a problem. At best, it's not visible. At worst, everybody today can add some green stuff to fill it.

So i would say drill a hole, a small one not to bother those who want to base the vessels with a particularily thin pin... And even, standard Epic holes where OK i think.

Offline osjclatchford

• Loc: chigwell, essex, uk
« Reply #498 on: February 11, 2019, 06:48:53 AM »
I concur. A small hole at the suggested centre of gravity. Rather than an entire flight stand. It's easier to add a stand rather than remove an existing one. This should then please most possible audiences... Tasty ships btw...
2017 Droppod Studios -  A subsidiary of the OSJC