December 14, 2019, 02:19:29 AM

Author Topic: [WM] a smidgen of Dwarves  (Read 12357 times)

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Re: [WM] a smidgen of Dwarves
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2019, 06:35:24 PM »
If I'd kept my dwarves I would have painted them blue and white like this!  In the end it was the pointy ears I did in this scheme, ha ha.

I tried painting things like this to begin with, but eventually I had to force myself to clear my desk of everything but one unit and complete it one at a time!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2019, 07:59:59 PM »
I long to see them ended.

What decals will you use ? For my part i ues old epic ones, but they are in very bad conditions with those 20 or 30 years...

Offline Dave

• Mod
    • Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2019, 02:20:10 PM »
I'd like to finish the basing on the Dwarves as well as their artillery before the end of the year but I'm burnt out on them for now. This is what I managed to get done last week before Fall In! I finished the skin and hair on the dwarves, and got them on bases along with the ballast. The decals didn't end up working out, they printed poorly and I found myself touching them up far too much. I scrapped the idea and painted simple patterns on the shields to differentiate the Warriors. I'll got back and match the shield pattens on the banners as well.

The general still is a work-in-progress, I'm converting him up along with an unreleased musician. I did manage to get some good decal prints for him and the Anvil, they'll be the only two in the army.

Offline docdom

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2019, 06:31:38 AM »
That's really great painting. I especially like your use of washes and the highlights. And the choice of the light blue as uniform color makes them even more 3D.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2019, 04:28:34 PM »
Very nice work!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2019, 11:14:03 PM »
An unreleased musician ? We want pictures !

Extremly nice dwarf army. I was sceptical at first, but i must say you did very well. Your way of painting after spraying everything is very nice. Only showes what it can do at the very end.

Congrats !

Offline Dave

• Mod
    • Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2019, 11:55:57 AM »
Thanks guys.

The king is unreleased too (as well as some heroes and runesmiths), he was holding a beer mug though so I'm swapping it out for a hammer. I don't think I'll get to paint this week, maybe next.