October 14, 2019, 02:11:28 PM

Author Topic: Out of Action Captain - Dying when rolling on chart; Beastmen - double handed ..  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Claus

• Warmasterplaytest team
Following question.

If Captain of a Gang goes out of Action the hero with highest leadership becomes leader of the gang for the game.

After the game when rolling on the chart the Captain dies.

Question 1:

May an existing hero of the gang take the position as a Captain and I can hire a new Champion for the gang. ?
(Sometimes heros have better stats and this would be better choice)

Or do I have to hire a new Captain ?
(A champion is cheaper to hire )

Question 2:

Beastmen have special skill to wield a double handed weapon with one hand. Does this impact the rule of double handed weapons "allways strike last" or does it mean they strike first when charging or per their initiative ?

Regards
Claus

Offline ANSWER_MOD_DABANK

1) Yes and existing hero with normally the highest leadership should become the captain and no strictly by the rules you are only allowed 0-2 Champions. This is where Lads got Talent is a big event.

2) Per the rules you can not higher a new leader unless you are the Undead warband.

Double Handed Weapon and strike's last still applies unless the rules say otherwise.

Offline Claus

• Warmasterplaytest team
O.K. Thx.
Itīs clear now for me.

Regards
Claus

Offline Master

Wasn't the beastman skill re-worded to be +1 armour save?
Meep Meep - Master is Back!

<Insert some random quote about duct-taping sheeps to head (thanks Styro) or any other weird stuff>

Offline Ghost

• Lurker
  • Oh Snap!
Yes.  Per the Errata the Beastmen special skill "Shaggy Hide" was changed to a 6+ Armour save.