Warmaster > [WM] Warmaster Fantasy Rules Questions

Question about stand and shoot

(1/7) > >>

Meister.Petz:
Today I fought a battle with my Skaven against Dark Elves.

There was one difficult situation for us:
A unit of DE spearmen charged a unit of rat swarms (flank) which stood in a brigade together with a warplightning cannon. The cannon made "stand and shoot" and did make casualties in the DE spearmen.

So now my question:
Can the DE spearmen unit get confused as the rules of taking casualties from a warp lightning cannon say?
If they can get confused, does the DE spearmen unit get the +1 bonus for charge in the open?
The rules of the warplightning cannon says that every unit, touching the unit which was shot at, have to rool a d6 for confusion. So when I choose "stand and shoot", do my ratties have to make this roll to (bec. in the end the DE spearmen touched my units as a result of the charge)?

Hope, I can find good answeres here (although I think we played it right in the end).
Greetings from Austria
Peter

Lex:

--- Quote from: Meister.Petz on May 10, 2009, 12:00:34 PM ---Today I fought a battle with my Skaven against Dark Elves.

There was one difficult situation for us:
A unit of DE spearmen charged a unit of rat swarms (flank) which stood in a brigade together with a warplightning cannon. The cannon made "stand and shoot" and did make casualties in the DE spearmen.

So now my question:
Can the DE spearmen unit get confused as the rules of taking casualties from a warp lightning cannon say?

--- End quote ---
Is there ANYTHING in the WLC rules that say they can not shoot >> if not, then follow normal procedure

--- Quote ---If they can get confused, does the DE spearmen unit get the +1 bonus for charge in the open?

--- End quote ---
IF the unit got confused then follow the normal rules for Confused Units, -1 att bonus in that case negated +1 att bonus from charging in open

--- Quote ---The rules of the warplightning cannon says that every unit, touching the unit which was shot at, have to rool a d6 for confusion. So when I choose "stand and shoot", do my ratties have to make this roll to (bec. in the end the DE spearmen touched my units as a result of the charge)?

--- End quote ---
Shooting occurs at "any point during the charge", which is not pers over open sights at point blank range  8-)   
Personaly I would "prefer" to shoot at he start of their move (if I would have the distance), while they might still be in contact with more DE units  8)

--- Quote ---Hope, I can find good answeres here (although I think we played it right in the end).
Greetings from Austria
Peter

--- End quote ---

Meister.Petz:
Ah great :)
Thanks for answering my questions and for giving the hint, when to shoot best :D

Getlord:
Just one more clarification. Did you finally come into contact with WLC?

Guthwine:

--- Quote from: Lex on May 10, 2009, 03:51:10 PM ---Shooting occurs at "any point during the charge", which is not pers over open sights at point blank range  8-)   
Personaly I would "prefer" to shoot at he start of their move (if I would have the distance), while they might still be in contact with more DE units  8)

--- End quote ---

Shooting is worked out, when the charging units finishes its move, so you can only shoot when they come into base contact and not at the start of their move, cant you!?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version